Manipal Entrance Test (MET) for BTech admissions is a common entrance exam to secure admission in Manipal Institute of Technology (MAHE Manipal), Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology (SMU Sikkim) and Manipal University (MU) Jaipur. Candidates can select one of the 17 undergraduate engineering courses offered based on their rank/score in the test.
We have answered some of the FAQs regarding MET 2020 and the admission process.
Q. What is the mode of conduction of Manipal Entrance Test 2020?
Due to the pandemic facilitating the need for social distancing, Manipal Academy of Higher Education has decided to conduct MET 2020 on a remote proctored online platform. It allows the candidates to take the test from the comfort of their homes.
Q. What platform is going to be used for conducting MET 2020? What are the system requirements?
A software named Safe Exam Browser (SEBLite) needs to be installed. The examination will be conducted remotely through this software. All the permissions required for proctoring such as access to webcam and microphone need to be enabled for successful conduction of the examination. Click here for a detailed manual on how to install and use the SEBLite software.
The required system specifications are:
- Operating system (OS): Windows 7 and above
- Processor: Minimum 2 cores
- RAM: 2 GB or above
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 and Above
- Web browser: Google Chrome (Latest version)
- Web camera: Resolution 640 x 480, 15 frames per second (fps)
- Microphone: Any Model (External or Internal)
- Network bandwidth: 512 Kbps preferred / minimum
Q. When will MET 2020 be held?
MET 2020 will be held from August 1st to August 12th. There will be three slots on each day, and every slot will have a duration of two and a half hours. The timings for the slots are:
- 09:00 AM–11:30 AM
- 12:30 PM–03:00 PM
- 04:00 PM–06:30 PM
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for MET 2020?
- Candidate must have passed the 10+2 level exams or its equivalent from a recognised board or university.
- Candidate must have had Physics, Maths and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / any technical vocational subject as optional (the technical vocational subject must be related to Chemical / Civil / Computer / Electrical / Mechanical streams).
- Candidate must have minimum 50% aggregate marks taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
Q. What is the pattern and syllabus of MET 2020?
MET 2020 will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQ type), and it will be conducted in English. The candidate must choose the right or closest to the right answer from the options given.
- There will be 200 questions in total comprising of Physics (50), Chemistry (50), Maths (70) and English (30).
- Marking Scheme: +4 for every correct answer, -1 for every wrong answer, 0 for every unanswered question
- The test duration is of 150 minutes.
The syllabus for the test will be based on 10+2 level from recognised boards. The detailed syllabus can be viewed here.
Q. Can one give multiple attempts for MET 2020?
There will be no second attempt available for MET 2020. Rescheduling requests for the examination will also not be considered under any circumstances
Q. On what criteria is the merit list for admissions prepared?
For 2020 Admissions, the merit list will be prepared by giving —
- 40% weightage to the marks obtained in Senior / Higher Secondary (10+2) examinations (Physics + Mathematics + Chemistry* + English)
- 60% weightage to the marks obtained in Manipal Entrance Test (MET)
(*Optional subject, If Chemistry not taken)
Q. When will the results be announced for MET 2020?
The merit list will be announced on August 14th, 2020. However, the test score will be displayed on the screen immediately after completion of the test & submission. The detailed test score sheet can be downloaded from the website 24 hours after the test completion. Candidates will be able to check their MET 2020 result through the official website by logging in to the result portal (results.manipal.edu) using their application number and password.
Q. How does the counselling for admission take place?
Those who will successfully clear the 2020 MET entrance exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling rounds. During the online MET 2020 counselling and seat allotment, candidates will be required to register and fill choices for college online, and seats will be allotted based on merit. Students who are allotted seats through MET counselling and seat allotment will be required to deposit the institute fees to confirm their admission. The official dates and brochure regarding the counselling process will be updated here.
Q. What is the admission process for foreign/NRI category students?
After applying online, the candidate must submit the eligibility documents. If the candidate is eligible and has the required qualifications, an admission notice will be provided. Followed by the fee payment, the Provisional Admission Order will be issued to the candidate. The Admission Order will be issued after the submission of final results.
Q. Whom should one contact for further clarifications or grievances regarding MET 2020 or the admission process?
The Admission Office can be contacted via phone or email for further queries or issues.
For Indian Admissions:
e-mail: [email protected]
For International Admissions:
Tel: +91-820-2922400/ 2571000
e-mail: [email protected]
—Written by Tulika Somani and Ankita Ghosh for MTTN
—Featured Image by Chirag Bansal for MTTN